Monday, October 10, 2011

A New Weapon, An Old Fight

        This is dedicated to all my game buddies! :) WOW, one day Ill go back :) 

The war rages! It is one that must be fought though I know I will never win. All I can hope for is enough fighting power to assure myself a day or two of relative peace. Enough to catch my breath, enough space to plan the next attack. I will never win because I am one... they are many!

       There are four of us here, but it is mostly my responsibility to engage in combat.! They act as my suppliers and finally they have supplied me with a  much needed weapon upgrade!  More accurate, durable, longer reach and most important -powerful! Some manufacturer out of Australia. It was a long time coming!! But even with  my new weapon, I am and always will be at a disadvantage.  But oh! the damage I can inflict now is so much more greater!  When I find them I turn my weapon on them and  suck the life right out of them! Gives me a perverse satisfaction to come out  stronger, more deadly to wipe them off the face of the planet, at least till they reorganise and re-populate. And they always do which is why I can never win and never stop fighting!

There is no winning this war, there is only maintaining. They are too clever! While I have scoped out some of their consistent strongholds, the other places of attack are too many and too subtle to find. . No matter how often I destroy their hiding places , they rebuild!  Guerrilla warfare is their forte!  I have to go into each battle in stealth mode, eyes constantly taking in my surroundings!

I am so tired! While I take pleasure in the little victories, how I wish the war would end! I am so tired, They don't sleep but I have to! 
I have to be vigilant! I have felt their fingers in my hair, along my face. Like a virus, they spread over the ground, cling to high places just above my sights!! They have surprised me  time and time again! Only by the quickness of my reflexes and the power of my weapon have I escaped being in their grasp!

They are varied! The enemy with many faces! Some  web like- clinging, forming nets to catch the unaware. Others like almost dormant on the ground, like bits of lint or clumps of pet hair! Seemingly harmless but unless taken care of, multiply to such a point that there is no safe spot to walk!! Sometimes they leave traces of a mud like residue that I mustn't step in or I will spread it  throughout my camp! Others have taken on the appearance of flecks or crumbs! So non -descript  looking, easy to ignore but left unchecked are the catalyst for greater threats!

Enough talking! I must go back in! It is time for my rounds!  Time again to decimate what I can! To show them no matter how tired, no matter how  many battles I must wage, I will not give in! I will not give up!

Vacuuming : How to turn an ordinary chore into something akin to a FPS Video Game.
Sure makes it more exciting don't you think? :)







1 comment:

Denise said...

This made me laugh out loud. I love your battle cry, and your admission that it is a battle never won, but managed successfully.